2.0
Interest Rate

In July, 2017, I approached Nima Momenzad, a Sales Consultant with Nissan Alta in Richmond Hill, to replace our leased 2012 LEAF with a 2017 LEAF.

He drew up a Lease Agreement for a 2017 LEAF, Model S, at $220/month for 3 years. I signed the Lease Agreement and left them with a $1000 deposit.

Several texts were sent back and forth, including this offer on Nov. 10/17, "If you wish to go the '18 model Leaf S with the same payment plan, you can do so. Only down side is ... a wait ... " A further confirmation from Nima came on Nov 12: "Because you have placed an order before, I can get the '18 model with the same monthly plan on the '17 when the car arrives."

Several other texts continue to confirm order and delivery in the March to June time frame ... and "not to worry".

This week, we called Nissan Alta and were advised that Nima no longer worked there and the Sales Manager, Ronnie Lim, said that he would no longer honor our Lease Agreement that Nima and I signed in good faith, along with a $1000 deposit. He only offered us a 2018 LEAF for $440/month, DOUBLE our original signed agreement.

Contacting Nissan Finance failed to provide any assistance. We are attempting to contact the General Manager, Robert Brown, of Nissan Alta, but we have not received a return call nor any assistance to date.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I liked: Communication with the original salesman, Leaf design.

I didn't like: Integrity of honoring the original agreement.

Comments